Immediate opening for a full time Certified Professional Coder. Characteristics of a successful candidate will include strong coding and billing skills, an advocate of a positive patient experience, commitment to achieving performance measures, high level of energy and self-motivation, and a dependable professional with a desire to work in a team setting. Your responsibilities will include:
• Abstract professional and technical charges from clinical information on medical records for the purpose of patient billing with 95% accuracy.
• Analyze and interpret medical records to identify and assign CPT and ICD10 codes on all billable services.
• Create billing batches and enter data to create claims for submission to insurance companies.
• Assign and sequence appropriate diagnostic/procedure billing codes in compliance with Medicare and third party payors.
• Follow coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies
• Appeal insurance denials when appropriate
• Audit medical records to ensure proper coding completed and to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies
• Teach physicians billing guidelines
• Review patient records and recommend appropriate coding/documentation for deficient records.
• Maintain compliance standards in accordance with the Compliance policies and Code of Conduct
• Familiarity with all major coding resources
• Ability to audit, track, compile and analyze statistical data
• Assist in charge entry and other billing activities as needed
• Certified Professional Coder certification is required
• Three years of experience in healthcare coding and billing is required
• Preference given to experience in cardiology coding and billing.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks, manage time, prioritize work, and perform well under pressure of deadlines.
• Excellent knowledge of health care billing procedures, documentation, and standards.
• Working knowledge of appropriate billing cycles for medical accounts.
• Computer literacy with Microsoft Office products and medical billing software is required
• Skill in customer service principles by creating a pleasant atmosphere, handling calls, and effectively serving as clinic liaison.
• Interpersonal skills necessary in order to deal effectively and courteously with callers, patients, and families, exchange patient related information with a variety of clinic personnel and interact effectively with providers.
• The ability to work effectively and initiatively in problem solving.
• The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
• Ability to work cooperatively as member of clinic's service team.
• Ability to respond to stressful situations in calm and effective manner.
• Ability to type a minimum of 40wpm.
• Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
• Encourage teamwork; energetic, and motivates teams and individuals.
• Extreme attention to detail, processes and standards.
• Knowledge of all confidentiality requirements regarding HIPAA and strict maintenance of proper confidentiality on all such information.
Wage to commensurate with experience. Benefit package includes health insurance with vision and Rx coverage; most of premium paid by employer. Paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan with profit sharing.
Don’t let Flint’s water problem deter you! Grand Blanc, MI is located in Genesee County approximately 45 minutes north of Metro Detroit and 15 minutes southeast of Flint. Grand Blanc operates its own water system. Grand Blanc offers a small community feeling with great schools, beautiful golf courses, recreational lakes, and easy access to large city features. Move here and never experience rush hour traffic or traffic jams. Flint-Bishop Airport is 10 miles away and offers close parking and short security lines.
Regional Cardiology Associates, PLC is a well-established private Cardiology practice searching for a full time Board Eligible or Board Certified Electrophysiologist to join its busy practice of eight Cardiologists with the support of 65 staff members including office and hospital based physician extenders. RCA has in-house nuclear and echo testing, Doppler, pacer clinic, and CHF clinic. Currently we are serving one hospital which is walking distance from the office. Call is 1:4..
This position comes with a competitive salary, productivity incentive program and a benefit package with partnership opportunity in two years. Benefit package includes six weeks of time off, health, vision, prescription and dental coverage for physician and family, CME paid time off with an annual allowance. Relocation assistance is available.
VISA sponsorship is not available.
Interested candidates should email their cv to email@example.com or call Leslie at 810-603-0170. No recruiters, please.